International Student Center
Fall 2021 - Online
Due COVID-19 concerns and governmental recommendations, Fullerton College currently plans to operate mostly online for the Fall 2021 semester. This is subject to change. The US Homeland Security prohibits new students (not currently on an F visa and outside the country) from entering the USA to attend schools that will hold classes online for the Fall semester.
|Fall Semester||March 1st – July 1st|
|Spring Semester||October 1st – December 1st|
To apply as an F-1 international student you will need to submit the following:
Note: All documents and information are to be uploaded directly to the International Student Center Online Application. Please do not mail/email documents to the International Student Center.
- Fullerton College Online Application
- International Student Center Online Application (This link will be activated October 1 for the Spring application)
- US $40 non-refundable application fee
- Proof of high school graduation or equivalent (ONLY if 17 years old or younger)
- Unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended
- If you have post-secondary school transcripts – college, university, vocational school – you do not need to submit high school transcripts
- Essay describing your academic, personal and career goals. (500 words minimum)
- Sponsor Certification of Support
- Copy of Passport Identification Page
- F-1 Student Contract
- Second Bachelor/Master’s Contract (if applicable)
- Consent to Treat a Minor Form ONLY if 17 years old or younger
- Proof of English Proficiency:
–Duolingo English Test: Minimum score: 85, on first attempt. The test can be taken from your home via a computer with a camera and includes a proficiency score, video interview, and writing sample which are shared with Fullerton College when you send your results. Certified results are available within 48 hours of the test session.
–Fullerton College Guided Self Placement (GSP): Must place in ESL 184 or higher. This test is free but requires a student ID number to be completed. If you choose this option, please email our office to indicate you are choosing this test so that we may check your score.
–IELTS: Band 5
–iTEP: Level 3.5
–PTE Academic: 44
–TOEFL: 61 iBT or 500 pBT
-We will accept the following as English proficiency from these local intensive English language schools:
American English College – completion of Level 6
Cal Poly English Language Institute – completion of Level 5
ELS – completion of Intensive English for Academic Purposes Level 109
Kaplan English Programs – completion of Advanced Level, Higher-Intermediate Level, or Institutional TOEFL Score
Language Systems, International College of English – completion of Level 7
Poly Languages Institute – completion of ESL 6: Advanced Level II
Students transferring from a US institution must also submit:
- Copy of F-1 visa
- Copy of I-94
- Copy of Form I-20 from current school
- Copy of Employment Authorization Card (from OPT) – if applicable
If you have any questions, please contact the International Student Center via email: email@example.com
*For a detailed explanation of each requirement, please see the F-1 Visa Admission Information brochure.