Transfer Outside CA


Searching for a university in the U.S.?

F-1 students are eligible for in-state tuition at public colleges and universities in Minnesota.


Out of state colleges with which Fullerton College has agreements:


American Colleges that award financial aid to students:


How can I find out what general education requirements are needed for out of state colleges?

If you are interested in transferring to a private and out of state university, you will need to contact each university individually to identify their transfer requirements. Each university typically publishes on their website its own pattern of general education courses, the minimum number of transferable units they require, and major preparation classes. You may bring that list to your counselor to receive recommendations about the classes that best match what you need for transfer. There is no guarantee that the out of state college will accept the courses as an exact match, but they may accept them as transfer credit. Typically, you may not find out which credits will be accepted until after your application has been processed or until you attend the first semester at the university. You may wish to start with the Inter-Segmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) pattern to complete your general education. Most IGETC courses are transferable to private and out of state universities. It is highly recommended that you check with each campus for the most up to date requirements and visit the universities that you are interested in attending.


For more information regarding transfer, visit the Fullerton College Transfer Center’s webpage: